About UsWhat does GST Boces do?
The CTE program provides high school students the opportunity to experience hands-on training in a variety of career areas. Whether the student is planning to enter the work force right after high school graduation, or interested in getting a jump start on college, the CTE program helps the student prepare for his or her future with skills most high school graduates lack. (© gstboces.org)
What is the CIT program?
Computer Information Technology is a CISCO Nationally Certified Networking and Computer Repair program. CISCO is an industry leader in the development, installation, provision and training of networking equipment and services. We also re now a certified ACE course for Corning Community College, offering four college credits for A+ Computer Repair and four college credits each for CISCO Exploration Networking and CISCO Exploration Routing.
This is a hands-on computer repair, support technician and networking program that allows students the opportunity to build, repair and network computerr systems (Windows 7, WIndows XP, Linux, etc.) and software. Ample equipment and software is available for each student to have an individual learning experience.
This course is designed for the individual who is looking for the right launch pad into the fast and ever-changing computer industry. Candidiates possess strong skills in analytical thinking and interpersonal communication and enjoy teamwork. (© GST Boces Course Catalog)
What do you gain?
Various skills in:
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, configure, setup and maintain small to medium sized networks.
- Repair, troubleshoot, configure, build, and maintain WIndows (Xp, Vista, 7, Server 2008) desktop, laptop and server OS computers.
- CompTIA A+ - Junior year, entry level computer technician and troubleshooting skills.
- CompTIA Network+ - Senior year, entry level network technician and troubleshooting skills.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Routing and Switching - Optional Senior year, Routing and Switching fundamentals.